Senior Design Manager
This vacancy is now closed
- English Language Teaching
- Oxford - Central
- Reference number
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The ELT Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative Senior Design Manager to join our Oxford based Design Department. Utilizing creative and strategic thinking you will work with the Head of Secondary and Adult Design and have the responsibility of managing in-house Design Managers as well as project managing your own titles from initial concept through to final delivery. As a good communicator you will be confident when presenting ideas to colleagues and receptive to developing ideas as part of a team. Your portfolio will show a broad range of typographic, page layout and visualizing skills with a solid understanding of print and digital.
- Degree in Design or equivalent
- Professional design experience in publishing, including experience at management level
- Knowledge of pre-press and production techniques
- Experience in presenting ideas to large groups and varying levels of stakeholders
- Experience of negotiating fees and managing budgets and working with external suppliers
- Experience of recruiting, leading, managing and training people
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of other CC applications a plus
- Good knowledge of automation techniques in InDesign, e.g. Grep and book functions, working knowledge of InCopy
- Experience in creating digital product and an understanding of XML, HTML5 and CSS
- Understanding of UI and UX theories in relation to design solutions
- Experience of ELT design
Please provide examples of your work when applying, either as a PDF or as a link to your portfolio website (Mac users – please ensure that any uploaded files have appropriate file extensions and can be viewed on a PC).
- Competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- Lucy Goodman
(for queries only - click 'Apply' below to apply)